Re: [OPE-L] New Version of Capital Annotations

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Fri Feb 11 2005 - 19:57:44 EST

> Answer: the term "actualization of surplus value" uses the
> Critical Realist definitions which I consider appropriate
> when studying Marx.  Critical Realism distinguishes
> between the real, the actual, and the empirical.

Hi Hans:

So, in your view, Marx was a critical realist?

-----------

On the meaning and translation of Verwirklichungsform,
a section of  "Money as constituent of value: the ideal
extoversive form of value in Marx's _Capital_" by Geert
inspired my question: http://www1.fee.uva.nl/pp/bin/104fulltext.pdf
(see p. 15)

(NB: Verwirklichungsform also referred to in some papers
that I should get around to reading someday by  [Hi Hanno]
Helmut Reichelt in http://www.marx-gesellschaft.de/Texte/ReicheltGeltung.pdf
[see note #100, p. 19] and Nils Frohlich in
http://www.memo.uni-bremen.de/docs/nfmarx.pdf
[p. 42]. Frolich's paper is long [118 pages] -- is it worthwhile
reading?]

Thanks so much for your answers.  I'll have to mull them
over some.

Who else would like to ask Hans some questions or
comment on his annotations?

In solidarity, Jerry