Re: [OPE-L] Marxist Political Economy in Australia Since the Mid 1970s

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Tue Apr 05 2005 - 12:52:25 EDT

--On Tuesday, April 05, 2005 5:55 PM +0200 Michael Heinrich
<m.heinrich@PROKLA.DE> wrote:

> Speaking about Marx, the difference between "Political Economy" and
> "Critique of Poltical Economy" is crucial.

Too much is made of these debates.

Recall Marx said that he himself is an "economist" in his Foreword to
Poverty of Philosophy: "Being both German and economist at the same time,
we desire to protest against this double error" (following a remark he
makes that Proudhon "has the right to be a bad economist, because he is
reputed to be a good German philosopher. In Germany, he has the right to be
a bad philosopher, because he is reputed to be one of the ablest French
economists.")

Paul Z.

RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY,  Paul Zarembka, editor, Elsevier Science
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka