Re: [OPE-L] Why aren't non-labourers sources of value?

From: Ian Wright (iwright@GMAIL.COM)
Date: Thu Apr 07 2005 - 21:49:37 EDT

Hi Jerry

> Your hences do not follow.  If a class does not produce surplus
> value it does not follow that they are not exploited.  A class can
> produce a surplus _product_, rather than surplus value, and still be
> exploited.  Wherever there is a class society, there is class exploitation.

Jerry you are right to pick me up on this point.You have exposed a
muddle in my thinking that has generated some sloppy sentences and has
very much detracted from what I was trying to say. My apologies to
Nicky also. I now need to consider where the confusion lies and try to
make my point again. My last 4 paragraphs I think are ok though.

Best wishes,

-Ian.