Re: [OPE-L] Why aren't non-labourers sources of value? creativity

From: Ian Hunt (Ian.Hunt@FLINDERS.EDU.AU)
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 18:40:45 EDT

Dear Rakesh,
You introduce  a number of other reasons why
slaves and machines might not get on: my primary
point though is that a master can dictate what
slaves consume, whereas under wage labour for
capital, capitalists can limit workers'
consumption only though  a surplus labouring
population that maintains competition between
labourers in the free market for labour, as
accumulation continues. This requires persistent
"downsizing" of the workforce,
Cheers,
Ian

--