Re: [OPE-L] Why aren't non-labourers sources of value?

From: Andrew Brown (A.Brown@LUBS.LEEDS.AC.UK)
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 13:32:04 EDT

Hi Rakesh,

So the nub of the issue seems to be what we take capital (and therefore capitalism) to be. For me, the whole problem of surplus value, hence of capital, lies precisely in explaining it on the basis of free exchange. Unpaid labour, in *this* context (the sale of labour-power), is the solution.

Many thanks,

Andy