Re: [OPE-L] Query to John Holloway: What's your position on theBolivarianrevolution?

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 10:33:24 EDT

> John Holloway responded to Paul Zaremba's question:>
>>   I'm not really going to answer the question now either, apart
>>  from making the general point that the issue here is not just "the
>> Bolivarian revolution" in general, but the interplay between the state
>> and the process of popular revolt in Venezuela. What is the effect
of
>> the fact that the revolt is being channelled into these organisational
>> forms? This is something I simply don't know enough about.
> Dear John,
>          Unfortunately, I don't think that is good enough.

Michael:

Two brief observations:

1) You have repeatedly argued that the situation in Venezuela is
complex and changing.  What John writes above is a recognition that
you both agree that the situation is complex and can't be analysed
simply.

2)  You have on numerous occasions explained that, given your
other professional and political commitments, you couldn't
reply right away to a particular question.  John, it seems to me,
is pleading for the same patience.

In solidarity, Jerry