Re: [OPE-L] Query to John Holloway: What's your position on theBolivarianrevolution?

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@SFU.CA)
Date: Wed May 11 2005 - 11:48:47 EDT

Jerry,
         Do you support the arguments that John H. made in his book?
         I regard them as erroneous, a very negative political influence
and as demonstrably refuted by events in Venezuela. I assume that a similar
inclination was behind Paul Z's question. John, of course, can take all the
time he needs to answer the questions Paul and I have posed. It's well over
a year, though, since I wrote my critique (which, the last I heard, was
waiting for a response from him so it could be published). The basic
question is pretty simple--- does he stand behind the arguments in his book?
         in solidarity,
         michael

At 10:33 11/05/2005, Jerry wrote:
>Michael:
>
>Two brief observations:
>
>1) You have repeatedly argued that the situation in Venezuela is
>complex and changing.  What John writes above is a recognition that
>you both agree that the situation is complex and can't be analysed
>simply.
>
>2)  You have on numerous occasions explained that, given your
>other professional and political commitments, you couldn't
>reply right away to a particular question.  John, it seems to me,
>is pleading for the same patience.
>
>In solidarity, Jerry

Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in Venezuela. Can be reached at
Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina 1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212) 573-4111
fax: (58-212) 573-7724