Re: [OPE-L] Haymarket and Holloway

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 16:41:32 EDT

> But one could also say that anarchism was responsible for the Haymarket
> bomb  and that it greatly harmed the labor movement.  If so, objectively,
> such action supported capital and the state.

Paul Z,

What do you know that other labor historians don't know?  I have
never seen  nor heard of  any credible evidence that anarchists were
responsible for making or throwing the bomb at Haymarket Square in
Chicago in 1886.

> > I think, though, that given John's latest clarifications there should
> > be _no_ question about whether he is supportive of the revolutionary
> > process in Venezuela or what side of the barricades he is on.
> Aren't we getting a bit too personal about John as an individual.  Aren't
> we trying to discuss a larger issue?

We should be trying to get at understanding a larger issue, but the thread
that you started on April 16 was explicitly directed towards John:

"Query to John Holloway: What's your position on the Bolivarian
Revolution?"

That query has now been answered.

In solidarity, Jerry