Re: [OPE-L] Haymarket and Holloway

From: Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM
Date: Fri May 20 2005 - 03:55:39 EDT

> > > Aren't we getting a bit too personal about John as an individual.
> > > Aren't we trying to discuss a larger issue?
> > We should be trying to get at understanding a larger issue, but the
> > thread  that you started on April 16 was explicitly directed
> > towards John:  "Query to John Holloway: What's your position on
> > the Bolivarian Revolution?"
> > That query has now been answered.
> You are unconditionally satisfied by John's email earlier today, even
> before anyone has time to respond.
> Explicitly responding to you, 'so be it, your support is recognized'.

Paul Z,

So be it?

I am satisfied that John answered the question you asked (just as
Michael L is now "happy to see" his "response to my last note and
my questions"), not that I  "support"  in all respects his position on
Venezuela.  If my "support is recognized"  then it should be my
support for the Venezuelan revolution -- a support that I have
given not merely by what I have written on the Internet (a support
that has been unwavering,  as has been your own) but by attending
Chavezista protests in NYC and marching with them at other
demonstrations, such as the March 19 anti-war demonstration
that marched from Harlem to Central Park.  I have also over the
years marched with Zapatistas and supported Zapatista events ...
and I will be happy to do so again.

In solidarity, Jerry