Re: [OPE-L] Marcos-Taibo Detective Story; Negri

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Mon May 23 2005 - 07:29:18 EDT

Thanks, Jerry, for posting the article.

It looks like the truth since Marcos has already published Chapter 1 ("The
first effort by the masked-guerrilla-turned-novelist appeared on Dec. 5.
The second chapter was published Sunday.").

While condemning writers of detective stories is not on my agenda, I will
say that were I President Bush or Fox, I wouldn't being much worry about
Mr. Marcos. I'd be much more concerned about the next Mexican election and
whether Bolivia or Ecuador could follow Venezuela.

On Negri -- you support his position on a 'yes' for the EU Constitution?
Negri describes himself as a 'realist'; I get suspicious when I read that
description.

Paul Z.

RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY,  Paul Zarembka, editor,  Elsevier Science
********************* http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka