Re: [OPE-L] is algebra dialectical and vice versa?

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Mon Sep 12 2005 - 08:17:51 EDT

Looks the worst sort of old Diamat obscurantism to me.

He uses formulae like

without specifying what the circle operator means in this context:

is it function composition or what?

What is the summation operator, is it numerical summation, Boolean

summation or what?

It is full of dubious puns of notation, not even recognised in jokey
way,

mystification of simple wave equations, puns between the use of the
words

base and superstructure in historical materialism and the notion of
basis

in vector space notations - which are something quite different.

It looks on a par with Sokal's paper 'Transgressing the boundaries,

towards a transformative Hermaneutics of Quantum Gravity', but without

the sense of humour of the latter.