Re: [OPE-L] basics vs. non-basics and unproductive labour

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 18:07:41 EDT

OK. This could work for corn and iron. But how do you measure all
services in kilograms per annum? Think of haircuts, TV, movies, theater,
financial and lawyer services... It would be "too scottish" (I am
joking) to think this is not productive labour.

        I would deny that any of these other than perhaps haircuts and
some theatre are productive..

        Are you really saying that financial and legal services are
productive?