Re: [OPE-L] Smith and Marx on the materialisation of labour [was 'basics v. non-basics']

From: Paul Bullock (paulbullock@EBMS-LTD.CO.UK)
Date: Fri Sep 30 2005 - 18:21:53 EDT

Gerry,

I think you are quite right here.. it is perfectly simple. With respect to
your final points. Social labour, a concept of uniform quality,  can only be
quantitatively  expressed in the market by money. There is no other way
that social labour  -  an abstraction -  can be uniformly expressed in
capitalist society.   I see the 'or' as ' in other words'...or 'as it
appears'.

Paul Bullock.