Re: [OPE-L] basics vs. non-basics and financial services

From: Diego Guerrero (diego.guerrero@CPS.UCM.ES)
Date: Mon Oct 03 2005 - 16:34:06 EDT

Are you saying then that the steel used for bombers or missiles are the
result of unprodutive labour, and the same for the machines or furnaces used
fot he steel, etc.? This vertical-integration approach seems to me useful
for other purposes but not for defining unproductive labour. I don't think
that Sraffa's and Marx's conception of unproductive labour are compatible,
don't you agree?