Re: [OPE-L] Capital in General

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Tue Oct 18 2005 - 12:45:38 EDT

Even under S=D assumption commodities are at best virtually values before they are actually sold.
Once that assumption
is relaxed, they are not even quite virtual values, so to speak. The fatal leap has yet to be
made. Value never resides
in objects outside of the relations in which  the seeming property is brought into existence. To
be sure, value does become an
attribute of objects because value is not simply a social relation but a social relation mediated
by things. Blah, blah, I am repeating myself. I shall have to reply to Andrew and Michael later in
the week.
All the best, Rakesh