Re: [OPE-L] Capital in General

From: Andrew Brown (A.Brown@LUBS.LEEDS.AC.UK)
Date: Thu Oct 20 2005 - 02:36:41 EDT

Hi Rakesh,

One thing to do would be to consider from what respective perspectives(individual commodity, system-wide, all possible?) our respective viewpoints are coming from. The most important aspect I have been apparantly abysmally failing to get across is the importance of distinguishing between persepctives, in particular system-wide vs. individual. Your replies seem simply never to have engaged me on this. Yes - I am frustrated!

Let's put it another way - in 'what sense' can we say a commodity is not a value prior to sale? No sense at all? In what sense can we say it is?

Many thanks,

Andy

	 AM +0100 10/20/05, Andrew Brown wrote:
	>Hi Rakesh,
	>
	>You wrote 'But dispositional ev is then only potential ev'.
	>
	>Correct. My point is that potential exchange value is (an) actual
	>(form of) value.

	And of course I think potential exchange value is a potential form of value.

	>  Value and exchange value are not the same.

	Agreed.

	>Does this make any sense?

	Of course it does, I'm just not persuaded. And neither you by me.
	What to do? I am willing to move on.

	yours, r