Re: [OPE-L] Capital in General

From: Paul Bullock (paulbullock@EBMS-LTD.CO.UK)
Date: Mon Nov 07 2005 - 16:14:26 EST

Fred,

I can only repeat that I consider the terms S&D to belong to the surface
realm of economics as expressed in market prices. It would deal with those
many concerns that fall into the examination of competition itself and which
see market prices moving around prices of production, if I can use that
expression.

At the levels of analysis in the three vols of capital, (despite the fact
that Marx always illustrates his points as far as it is possible, as
appropriate,  given the stage of the argument he has reached), then the
problem of realisation is usually not considered as such. I simply won't
refer to this as treating S=D, its seems incorrect to me, and all that I
have read in Marx seems to me to say ' we don't start here'.

That's it

Cheers Paul

I trust you understand.