[OPE-L] Fw: W J Blake clarification requested

From: Paul Bullock (paulbullock@EBMS-LTD.CO.UK)
Date: Fri Nov 11 2005 - 04:44:33 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Bullock
To: rakeshb@stanford.edu
Sent: Tuesday, November 08, 2005 6:04 PM
Subject: W J Blake clarification requested

Dear Rakesh,

In late 2003 you kindly sent me this attached note, saying Blake was a journalist. I was a bit confused reading this since this is not what it said/says in his books introduction. Are we talking at cross purposes. I referred to William J Blake who in 1939 published the 'Elements..' used in the email title. But he was a stock exchange 'worker'(!) and banker, not as you say in the email a journalist!  I don't understand how he could have lived in poverty  later.  Is there some error on your part or are we talking about different Blakes??

You say you have 2 MSS from  a  'Blake'... is it not possible to publish these ? What strikes me is that some of the best material is literally unavailable to english readers.. eg  probably the MSS you refer to, especially if one is on Imperialism...!!!!   and Grossmans full book and several of his articles. Would it not be a great service to do something on Blake as an intro to publishing his MSS? ( like the service Rick is trying to render to Grossman?)

I look forward to your clarification... .

Best regards

Paul Bullock.