Re: [OPE-L] Raya Dunayevskaya Myths and Legends

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Sun Nov 13 2005 - 11:30:43 EST

--On Sunday, November 13, 2005 8:20 AM -0800 Rakesh Bhandari
<bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU> wrote:

> ... Now Paul Z says he did not notice a similarity
> between HG and RD on Luxemburg. Well RD says
> that Luxemburg did not understand the level
> of abstraction of the reproduction schema and that
> her underconsumptionism is nonsensical. These
> are HG's two main criticisms. Why does Paul Z
> not note a similarity? ...

Such two 'main' issues are commonly proffered criticism of Luxemburg.  You
don't need Grossman for either one.  Bukharin, in his own way, drew these
swords.  If one reads my article one can see why the distortions by
Dunayevskaya and Grossman, in my opinion, are distinct.

Paul

RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY,  Paul Zarembka, editor, Elsevier Science
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka