Re: [OPE-L] Raya Dunayevskaya Myths and Legends

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Sun Nov 13 2005 - 11:20:44 EST

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 09:17:24 -0500
  Jerry Levy <Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM> wrote:
> [I apologize to others on the list for the following reply.  I realize
> that it is a mistake to respond to him (see, I can admit  to making
> mistakes) , but sometimes certain things just need to be said.
> Now is such a time, imo.]

You can admit to making mistakes? Really. Proof?

You said that RD did not accept HG's method of
successive approximations. Then why in her 1947 piece
did she refer to the third volume as Marx's closest
approximation to the concrete.
Now Paul Z says he did not notice a similarity
between HG and RD on Luxemburg. Well RD says
that Luxemburg did not understand the level
of abstraction of the reproduction schema and that
her underconsumptionism is nonsensical. These
are HG's two main criticisms. Why does Paul Z
not note a similarity?
You Jerry have not yet responded to my absolutely
true claim that RD proposes a FROP/shortage of SV
theory of crisis in Marxism and Freedom. Where
did this theory come from?
Note that I am having to type this in again because
you refuse to respond to these stubborn facts.
RD's economics were essentially HG's.
Now disprove that, or admit that you are wrong.

Rakesh