[OPE-L] Overdetermination

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 07:56:10 EST

Howard wrote:

You seem to want 'objectivity' to mean 'neutral', but recognizing it can't,
hope we can at least approximate
an ideal of objectivity.

No, I don't mean that. You could be "neutral" without being "objective", and
as I said partisanship and objectivity can go together. I don't have a
complete philosophical definition of objectivity handy, but one way of
looking at it is "having due regard for the relevant experiential and
logical evidence pertaining to a question". Ultimately, I think there are no
proofs of objectivity other than practical proofs.

Happy new year,

Jurriaan