Re: [OPE-L] Overdetermination & Science

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Jan 03 2006 - 19:41:07 EST

>  i don't remember the 2002 discussion of the
> uncertainty principle. Do you have the approximates dates of the
> postings on that?

Antonio,

The thread began on November 22, 2002 with a post I wrote
on "Heisenberg and Marx":
http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/ope/archive/0211/0148.html
This thread, in which there were many memorable posts by
Michael Eldred, Paul C and others, continued into early
December, 2002.  Eventually, in the manner of threads, it
gravitated to other subject lines including "philosophy and
political economy" and "Testing Marx or why the law of value
holds."    The only thing that there seemed to be agreement
on in the original thread is that I misunderstood the meaning
and possible applications of the Heisenberg uncertainty
principle!  (This was a point made rather forcefully in a short post
by Paul C early on in the thread:
http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/ope/archive/0211/0154.html ).
The first of many fascinating posts by Michael E was
http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/ope/archive/0211/0157.html

In solidarity, Jerry