Re: [OPE-L] Who is now at the WSF in Venezuela?

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@SFU.CA)
Date: Wed Jan 25 2006 - 22:37:30 EST

pretty chaotic here. The march was probably larger but I was too busy
trying to undo some scheduling disasters to check. I am reminded why
my instinct has been to stay away from these things (violated last
year and this). lots of usual suspects here./m

At 17:39 25/01/2006, you wrote:
>The first reports on the World Social Forum meetings in
>Caracas are beginning to come in.  It started with a
>massive rally --  the BBC put the number at 10,000,
>but from what I read elsewhere 67,000 have registered
>for the conference and according to other reports 100,000
>are expected so I suspect that the BBC has under-reported
>the numbers at the march.  In a related story,  4 Brazilian
>students, sadly, died in a traffic accident on their way to
>the conference.
>
>Another BBC article (with not-so-good content) has the
>catchy title:
>
>"Caracas excels as Left-Wing Haven"
>
>This leads me to wonder:
>
>Who on the list (besides Mike L and John H, who I guess are
>talking about the Paris Commune)  are now in Caracas?
>
>To those listmembers at the WSF: please keep as posted
>(no pun intended) on developments there?
>
>In solidarity, Jerry

Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in Venezuela. Can be reached at
Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina 1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212) 573-4111
fax: (58-212) 573-7724