Re: [OPE-L] price of production/supply price/value

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Tue Feb 07 2006 - 17:56:50 EST

 On my argument, this proposition makes labour-time the only scalar that
could possibly continually cause feasible reproduction proportions. I
totally disagree with F&M, and others, if they think that another scalar
could do the job. Any other scalar I can think would quickly lead away
from feasible reproduction proportions.

Andy

The empirical evidence seems to be that any attempt to predict
prices from other scalar inputs - say oil, electricity etc,
gives very poor results. The latest study to show this is
Maniatis's work on the Greek economy