Re: [OPE-L] price of production/value

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 05:10:05 EST

Ian Wright wrote:

>I think there is work to be done relating your kind of interpretation
>of Marx's theory to the N-R interpretation, rather than assuming that
>they are simply written in different languages, and never the twain
>shall meet. I don't think I'm being naive in thinking that rational
>people, Marixsts and neo-Ricardians alike, can mutually learn from
>each other via critical engagement with the other's theoretical
>framework. We are tying to talk about the same object.
>
>Best,
>-Ian.

I think this is a very fair point. If one insists that every subsequent
theorist
must use exactly the same linguistic and conceptual framework as the
previous
one, then there could be no theoretical development. One has to at least
initially assume that Sraffa is talking about the same reality and trying
to construct a way of theorising it.

--
Paul Cockshott
Dept Computing Science