Re: [OPE-L] Net Consequences and Praxis

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Sun Feb 26 2006 - 11:48:59 EST

I'm not so sure.  If 99% of internet stuff is commercially driven, still
people have considerable control over what they look at and very
considerable control over what interests them.  One can pursue ones own
interests pretty damn effectively, it seems to me, and I've haven't seen
change in this respect over the years.  Take 9-11: what stops you or me
from going to whatever interests us in this topic so important to the U.S.
government?  Do you expect restrictions?

Paul

--On Sunday, February 26, 2006 11:35 AM -0500 Jerry Levy
<Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM> wrote:

> I think the emphasis now is far more on potential and that
> the practice is becoming far less democratic and
> instead driven by the market.

RESEARCH IN POLITICAL ECONOMY,  Paul Zarembka, editor, Elsevier Science
******************** http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka