Re: [OPE-L] price of production/supply price/value

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Wed Mar 08 2006 - 04:53:22 EST

>Telling me that under your interpretation everything works out ok only
>encourages me to focus attention on the neo-Ricardian special case, as
>that is where the contradiction lies.
>
>Best wishes,
>-Ian.

The special case brought forward by Steadman is one in which two very
improbable conditions must occur:

1. No dispersion of the rate of profit
2. Failure of the law of large numbers with respect to the aggregate organic
    composition of wage goods versus capitalist consumption goods.

I would sugges that one needs to study large numbers of randomly
generated i/o tables with the rate of profit also a random variable to
estimate how probable Steadmans examples of positive profits with
negative surplus value are ( quite apart from Allins argument that
he is using economically unviable techniques in these examples).

One also needs to know the spectrum of deviations of aggregate
profit from aggregate surplus value, which might be studyable using
the method of random i/o tables.

--
Paul Cockshott
Dept Computing Science