Re: [OPE-L] Marxian trivia question

From: michael a. lebowitz (mlebowit@SFU.CA)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 21:02:15 EST

At 13:18 19/03/2006, you wrote:
>Which independent discovery did marx make in mathematics. 1000 pages of
>notes were left, published in the USSR in Russian, and a selection was once
>pub'd in English by ( I think New Park Pubs in London). But if anyone can
>give me refs to any articles that actually look at this work I should be
>grateful.

And don't forget Paulus Gerdes, 'Marx Demystifies Calculus'. Studies
in Marxism, Vol. 16 MEP (Marxist Educational Press) Publications,
translated by Beatrice Lumpkin (Minneapolis, 1985).
Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in Venezuela. Can be reached at
Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina 1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212) 573-4111
fax: (58-212) 573-7724