Re: [OPE-L] Bloody Capital and Dead Labour Cultural Studies

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 23:32:05 EDT

>  > There is something wrong here, and you know what my
>>  suspicions are.
>
>Rakesh,
>
>Well, why don't you tell the list what your "suspicions"  are?

That you cannot admit that your criticism of
Neocleous' interpretation of the vampire metaphor is misplaced.
That you can't admit that you are wrong, offbase, etc. Here
are my suspicions, and we see them confirmed once again.

>The reason, of course, as we both know quite well is that
>your "suspicions"  are TOTALLY groundless.

Oh I don't think so.

>In any event, anything that you have to say on the subject
>of the vampire metaphors in Marx is without merit.  You
>admitted as much yourself when you wrote:
>
>"I know nothing about vampires."
>
>For someone who knows nothing about vampires you've had
>an awful lot to say.

I did read Neocleous' paper, and I even admitted to it.

>  Why talk about something that you've
>admitted you know nothing about?  Why waste bandwidth and
>our time?

Was it a waste of time to bring to the list's attention to Neocleous'
paper? At least now we know what you were criticizing back in October.

rb