[OPE-L] (new book) David Harvey _Spaces of Global Capitalism_

From: glevy@PRATT.EDU
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 10:16:31 EDT

The following announcement is from the Verso web site.  Elsewhere at
that site, I learned that a new edition of _The Limits of Capital_ is
due to be published in January.

Spaces of Global Capitalism

     An essential introduction to the field of historical geography, which
offers a radical new way of understanding global capitalism.

      Fiscal crises have cascaded across much of the developing world with
devastating results, from Mexico to Indonesia, Russia and Argentina.
The extreme volatility in contemporary political economic fortunes
seems to mock our best efforts to understand the forces that drive
development in the world economy.
      In this groundbreaking book, David Harvey shows how the disciplines
of historical geography yield decisive new insights into the
workings of global capitalism, and introduces the concept of uneven
geographical development as a revelatory perspective on the forces
which create economic success or failure.

      David Harvey teaches at the Graduate Center of City University of
New York and is the author of numerous books, including The Limits
to Capital (also from Verso); The Condition of Postmodernity; Spaces
of Capital; Paris, Capital of Modernity; The New Imperialism; and
Justice, Nature and the Geography of Difference.

      Publication
      May 2006

      140 pages
      Cloth