Re: [OPE-L] Rakesh Bhandarism

From: Rakesh Bhandari (bhandari@BERKELEY.EDU)
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 10:55:33 EDT

>Do you need some help locating the off-list correspondence of
>April 22-23, 2006?  If so,  I can assist as I saved copies of all
>of the messages.  Then we can determine _who_  fabricated
>stories against _whom_.

This is not what I was talking about. You said to the advisory committee
that someone had quit this list because of me. This was a malicious lie.
That is among other reasons why you don't have any credibility with me.
Allin, Fred, Cyrus and many others received the posts in which you
made up that crap. Do you really want to bring them into this? This is
why I have been avoiding it, even after I raised the problem.
On the other issue, you have already admitted to the list that you may have
googled Neocleous' paper though you don't remember doing so. I think
it is very likely that you did
(are we to believe that in a month long discussion on Marx and
vampires that you never
put those two words into google--cmon, that is what you do with your life!)
and as I suggested in the first message you probably forgot the
source of your ideas.
It happens all the time. As I suggested to you, it happened to me in
the discussion
of double divergence. I thoguht it was my idea, then Allin reminded me that
he had made the same point three or four years earlier. My response?
Oops that's
probably where I got the idea from.

Rakesh