Re: [OPE-L] Ajit's Paper on Sraffa and Late Wittgenstein

From: Philip Dunn (hyl0morph@YAHOO.CO.UK)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2006 - 06:57:49 EDT

Hi Ian

The question that occurs to me is the following. How
does the labour value of capitalists' consumption get
transferred to the commodity produced? I can
understand how the labour value of constant capital
productively comsumed gets transferred. Is
capitalists' consumption to be regarded as productive?

I would take the view that consumption by capitalists
or workers is destructive of value. The value of what
they consume does not get back into the process of
value production.

Does the labour value of worker's comnsumption get
transferred to the commodity produced also?

Phil

Phil Dunn

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html