Re: [OPE-L] workers' consumption and capitalists' consumption

From: ajit sinha (sinha_a99@YAHOO.COM)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2006 - 05:45:11 EDT

--- Ian Wright <wrighti@ACM.ORG> wrote:

> Hi Ajit
>
> This is a quick reply to your latest message.
>
> > (2) In your example, the capitalist consumption of
> 4
> > tons of corn is possible only after 10 tons of
> corn
> > are produced. This consumtion cannot be part of
> the
> > input unless you are moving with a speed greater
> than
> > light! That's why I had termed it absurd.
> consumption
> > of an output cannot become input of the same
> output.
>
> I must admit to being just a little bit amused by
> this (in a nice way)
> given your championing of simultaneous
> determination. My last message
> should allay your fears about breaking Einstein's
> law.
>
> Best wishes,
> -Ian.
__________________________
Ian, I don't think it was a silly point. I also don't
think your last message allays my fears. I would
rather stick to clarifying this point first, because
this might bring the basic problem, which I think is a
logical problem, with your approach to light. My point
is that output cannot become its own input. The two
tons of corn as input was not used out of the ten tons
of corn, it existed before the ten tons of corn was
produced. Are you now saying that you knew that
capitalists consumed 4 tons of corn out of the output
of (t-1) period of production, and this is what you
are replacing from the current ten tons of corn
output? If this is your position, then please confirm.
We can take it from there then. Cheers, ajit sinha