Re: [OPE-L] John Milios: Entry in the USA refused!

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Mon Jun 12 2006 - 05:21:55 EDT

The monitoring of left wing economists by US immigration is not new.
I was taken aside to a separate room and quenstioned for a while
before being let in for the last IWGT meeting that I attended in Boston.
What is new is that they felt confident enough to actually block
entry.

One should assume that anyone who participates in left wing
discussion groups in their own name, or publishes on the web
will be automatically picked up by surveillance. New Scientist
last week had an interesting report on the technologies being
used by the US intelligence to build up maps of the networks
of contacts of everyone using the web.

--
Paul Cockshott
Dept Computing Science