Re: [OPE-L] request

From: ope-admin@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu
Date: Wed Jul 05 2006 - 16:19:02 EDT

Fred:

I believe this is the post you wanted to see.  Do you have any
opinions about White's argument ... or his book?

In solidarity, Jerry
Brooklin, ME

Subject: Re: [OPE-L] ISMT Conference in July on Marx and MEGA 2
From:    "Paul Zarembka" <zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU>
Date:    Sat, July 1, 2006 2:30 pm
To:      OPE-L@SUS.CSUCHICO.EDU

J.D. White's provocative argument is that "Results of the Immediate
Process of Production" was left out of the published version of Vol. I
because 'subsumption', its main theoretical concept, didn't work to
link Vol. I and Vol. III.  'Subsumption' was even deleted where Marx
had been in drafts for earlier parts of Vol. I.

Sometimes it is argued the dropping of 'Results' was not a significant
act on Marx's part.  This avoids issues at stake.

Paul Z.