Re: [OPE-L] Kommunistische Zeitschrift

From: Regina Roth (roth@BBAW.DE)
Date: Wed Aug 23 2006 - 04:51:54 EDT

Ernesto,

As Chris has already pointed out, the introduction to the "Kommunistische Zeitschrift"
from September 1847 has not been written by Marx and/or Engels. Probably it was Karl
Schapper who was chief editor of the journal, as indicated in the collection of sources
on the "Bund der Kommunisten" (1970, ed. by Herwig Foerder, Martin Hundt, Jefim
Kandel and Sofia Lewiowa for the Instituts for Marxism-Leninism in Berlin and Moscow,
vol. 1, pp. 501ff., 1065f.) Also neither the first MEGA, vol. 6, ed. by V. Adoratsky in
1932, nor research done in the sphere of the Karl-Marx-Haus in Trier, who focussed on
the 1840s, not only on Marx and Engels but also on other activists, give any hints that
Marx or Engels contributed to the "Kommunistische Zeitschrift". So, it will not be taken
up into the MEGA2, where the vol. I/6 will present the works, articles and drafts from
January 1846 to February 1848.

Regina

Dr. Regina Roth
Berlin-Brandenburgische Akademie der Wissenschaften
- Marx-Engels-Gesamtausgabe -
Jaegerstrasse 22/23
D-10117 Berlin
Tel.: 030/20370274