[OPE-L] How I got a bit of criticism

From: Jurriaan Bendien (adsl675281@TISCALI.NL)
Date: Thu Nov 16 2006 - 17:30:18 EST

Tonight I was off with my work team for a dinner (at the boss's expense) and
we ended up talking all sorts as usually happens. Anyway one of my workmates
had a criticism of me and she said "sometimes you get temperamental, and you
talk out of turn." So I got to take that seriously. I was thinking, I have
mailed quite a lot in recent times, I get bored with myself and write
something, it is habit-forming but I better lay off it for now and let other
people have a go. Then everybody's happy. If anybody has more criticisms of
substance or style they can always write me offlist. I guess there's ways
and ways of stating a point of view, and you can communicate to
assert/express yourself, or you can communicate with the aim of a real
dialogue. Obviously if there is no dialogue, that's boring as well, because
you already know what you think yourself, but to dialogue you have to listen
properly. Anyway I will count to ten now before hitting the send button...
I'll send this one, but leave it at that.

Cheers

Jurriaan