[OPE-L] On flaming

From: Nicola Taylor (nmtayl@YAHOO.COM.AU)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 01:05:30 EST

Jerry, I regularly read your posts which I continue to
find informative and thoughtful, at times a welcome
challenge to my own ideas.  I guess it's a hazard of
unmoderated lists that some members will not
appreciate the expression of views that conflict with
their own, but instead CONSISTENTLY use the list to
distort the arguments of other members. Imho, one is
not obliged to defend oneself against such nonsense.
Further, in my experience, the best way to deal with
unwanted correspondence and/or harassment is to mark a
repeat offender's email address as "spam".  My browser
automatically deletes Rakesh's contributions before
they enter my mailbox. In short, I uphold his right to
express any opinion that he wishes to express; at the
same time I exercise a choice neither to read nor talk
to him.
In solidarity
Nicky