Re: [OPE-L] On flaming

From: Dogan Goecmen (Dogangoecmen@AOL.COM)
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 05:53:32 EST

Dear Nicky,

I find your contribution to this problem very imaginative. Instead showing
ways of how a problem might be solved you are suggesting to discriminate
against  a member of the list. Rakesh may have not chosen the right way of
expressing his  concerns but this does not give anyone the right to say ignore him. The
best way  of solving the problem is to make substantial contributions. But I
doubt whether you wish to see the conflict solved. Rather you seem to want to
 see it escalating. I do not know how to describe this approach - perhaps
cynical. At any rate it has nothiong to do with the concept of solidarity you
refer to at the end of your email.

Regards
Dogan

In einer eMail vom 26.11.2006 07:05:50 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
nmtayl@YAHOO.COM.AU:

Jerry, I  regularly read your posts which I continue to
find informative and  thoughtful, at times a welcome
challenge to my own ideas.  I guess  it's a hazard of
unmoderated lists that some members will not
appreciate  the expression of views that conflict with
their own, but instead  CONSISTENTLY use the list to
distort the arguments of other members. Imho,  one is
not obliged to defend oneself against such nonsense.
Further, in  my experience, the best way to deal with
unwanted correspondence and/or  harassment is to mark a
repeat offender's email address as "spam".  My  browser
automatically deletes Rakesh's contributions before
they enter  my mailbox. In short, I uphold his right to
express any opinion that he  wishes to express; at the
same time I exercise a choice neither to read nor  talk
to him.
In solidarity
Nicky

Send instant messages to your online  friends http://au.messenger.yahoo.com