[OPE-L] A Revolutionary Calendar for 2007

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 14:26:16 EST

For those of you who are thinking about a 2007 calendar, I recommend
the one published by Autonomedia.

I  have the 2006 calendar.  To give you a feel for what it's like,
under today's date, there is a picture of KATE AUSTIN and the
following:

NOVEMBER 28 -- KATE AUSTIN
American communist anarchist, journalist for "Lucifer"

Make your own Head Day (I don't know what the significance of
that is, JL)

1628 -- *Pilgrim's Progress* author John Bunyan born, Elstow, Bedfordshire

1757 --English romantic poet and radical William Blake born, London, England

1820 -- German radical, Karl Marx's partner, Frederick Engels born.

1832 -- American Hegelianist Benjamin Paul Blood born, Amsterdam, New York

1902 --  American communist anarchist Kate Austin dies, Kingman, KS

1944 -- San Francisco "Diggers" founder Emmett Grogan born

1958 -- Critical Arts Ensemble member Hope Kurtz born, Oklahoma City,
Oklahoma

1960 -- Black American novelist Richard Wright dies, Paris, France

1985 -- American historian Fernaud Braudel, Haute  Savoie, France

It makes a nice holiday gift for a special radical friend of yours!

In solidarity, Jerry

> New 2007 Jubilee Saints Calendar
> Autonomedia Autonomedia's new Jubilee Saints Calendar for 2007 is now back
from the printers, for our fifteenth year in a row.
> Hundreds of radical cultural and political heroes are celebrated here,
along with the animating ideas that continue to guide this project - a
reprieve from the 500-year-long sentence to life-at-hard-labor that the
European colonization of the "New World" and the ensuing devastations of the
rest of the world has represented. It is increasingly clear - at the dawn of
this new millennium - that the Planetary Work Machine will not rule forever!
Celebrate with this calendar on which every day is a holiday!
> Please note:
> The list price is US $9.95, but orders of 5-9 copies of the calendar will
receive a 20% discount ($7.96 each). Orders of 10 or more copies will
receive a 40% discount ($5.97 each). Orders for the 2007 calendar,
individually or with discounts on orders in these small quantities, can be
placed here.