Re: [OPE-L] SV: [OPE-L] what is irrational in the functioning of capitalism?

From: Paul Cockshott (wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 15:39:57 EST

Marx contrasted the rational of the capitalist whose aim is to reduce
the total money cost of production with what he counterposed as the
socially rational alternative - to minimize the total labour cost of
production.

The lower is the real wage, the higher the rate of exploitation, the
more the capitalist system of cost accounting will diverge from a
socially rational one.