Re: [OPE-L] Please take me off the list-Re: [OPE-L] who's responding to whom

From: Ian Wright (wrighti@ACM.ORG)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2006 - 17:41:58 EST

Dear Ajit

This is a plea in the hope you will reconsider your decision. Before
you had announced your decision, I had already privately emailed
Rakesh about his message that you object to.

I think your input to this list is essential, primarily because you
take a critical approach to Marx's theory of value. I find your
willingness to engage with people who sometimes disagree with you at
such a fundamental theoretical level nothing less than admirable, and,
if I may say, a sure sign that you have a deep understanding of what
is involved in intellectual work. I have learnt a great deal from your
input, to the extent of directly engaging with your ideas in written
work. So I will be very sad if you decide to leave OPE-L.

Best wishes,
-Ian.