Re: [OPE-L] Keynes and Marx (German)

From: Dogan Goecmen (Dogangoecmen@AOL.COM)
Date: Sun Dec 31 2006 - 12:00:15 EST

To change the world we have to clarify our concepts, to know what we have  to
change and how we have to change. For this we have to free ourselves from
influences of bourgeois theories. To do this we have to state the fundamental
differences. I agree with you that this is the first step. In other papers I
developed ideas about how to combine the concept of reform and revolution. So
one of the core ideas I put forward is shortening the working hours without
any  reduction in wages. But I say in my papers always that these measures are
never  safe under capitalist conditions. To humanise the world we have to
change it  essentially. I thought that was clear to you after so many emails passed
between  you and me.

In einer eMail vom 31.12.2006 17:06:47 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
wpc@DCS.GLA.AC.UK:

I agree  that we have to distinguish Keynesianism from Marxism which has
quite  different and much more radical goals, but what I am saying is that a
social  and political theorist like yourself has to take advantage of their
understanding of these issues to go beyond just commenting on the difference
between theorists. The point is to change the world, and to do that one needs  to
argue for policies.

Paul  Cockshott

www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~wpc