Re: [OPE-L] a new year's resolution

From: Dogan Goecmen (Dogangoecmen@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2007 - 04:31:48 EST

_mlebowit@SFU.CA_ (mailto:mlebowit@SFU.CA) :

I have appreciated many of  the exchanges on the list and have
learned from them (but hope that I will  not be accused of plagiarism
in the future as others have  been).

=======================
Michael, a good new year's resolution. Do not worry about plagiarism. I do
not know what happened in the past. But I assure you (following your maxim
about  combating another sort of liberalism)  I will be one of the first attack
back those who dare even think loudly to accuse people of plagiarism on this
list. We have here a collective aim and in the process of pursuing this goal we
 all contribute to one anothor's intellectual development. I just want to
remind  us of what Hegel says in his critique of Descartes and his followers:
before we  can say mine and thine we have to say ours. I add: we can say mine and
thine  just because it is ours. In short, knowledge economy is a myth and
intellectual  property is another sort of fetishism we have to combat.

Comrately,
Dogan.
=======================

Michael  A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics Department
Simon Fraser  University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6

Currently based in  Venezuela.
NOTE NEW PHONE NUMBERS
Can be reached at
Residencias  Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina  1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212) 573-6333, 571-1520, 571-3820 (or hotel  cell: 0412-200-7540)
fax: (58-212) 573-7724