Re: [OPE-L] a new year's resolution

From: Dogan Goecmen (Dogangoecmen@AOL.COM)
Date: Thu Jan 04 2007 - 05:09:03 EST

To avoid abstractness and misunderstanding I should have said something
more, namely that I proud of any member of the list, who publishes papers or
books by profiting from our discussions.

Dogan

In einer eMail vom 04.01.2007 10:32:22 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
Dogangoecmen@AOL.COM:

_mlebowit@SFU.CA_ (mailto:mlebowit@SFU.CA) :

I have appreciated many of  the exchanges on the list and have
learned from them (but hope that I  will not be accused of plagiarism
in the future as others have  been).

=======================
Michael, a good new year's resolution. Do not worry about plagiarism. I  do
not know what happened in the past. But I assure you (following your maxim
about combating another sort of liberalism)  I will be one of the first  attack
back those who dare even think loudly to accuse people of plagiarism on  this
list. We have here a collective aim and in the process of pursuing this  goal
we all contribute to one anothor's intellectual development. I just want  to
remind us of what Hegel says in his critique of Descartes and his  followers:
before we can say mine and thine we have to say ours. I add: we can  say mine
and thine just because it is ours. In short, knowledge economy is a  myth and
intellectual property is another sort of fetishism we have to  combat.

Comrately,
Dogan.
=======================

Michael A. Lebowitz
Professor Emeritus
Economics  Department
Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A  1S6

Currently based in Venezuela.
NOTE NEW PHONE NUMBERS
Can be  reached at
Residencias Anauco Suites
Departamento 601
Parque  Central, Zona Postal 1010, Oficina 1
Caracas, Venezuela
(58-212)  573-6333, 571-1520, 571-3820 (or hotel cell: 0412-200-7540)
fax: (58-212)  573-7724