[OPE-L] SV: [OPE-L] In the Dutch news - problems of our times...

From: Martin Kragh (Martin.Kragh@HHS.SE)
Date: Sun Jan 21 2007 - 03:33:23 EST

[OPE-L] In the Dutch news - problems of our times...

"The
data storage required by the proposed law does not include the content of
calls, but telephone numbers, call locations and the length of calls.
"

In Sweden, the debate is about not only telephonecalls, the former Socialdemocratic government, and now the new conservative/liberal one, all try to push jurisprudence in a direction where also e-mail, and SMS-messages should be storaged. They "say", that only information on who sent a message to who, or who called who, will be kept for a period of time. However, anyone with a little knowledge about electronic communication knows that you cannot separate form from content in an e-mail like that.

When asked, they say it is a EU directive, and that we have no choice but to implement it. I think I'll stay in Russia if this goes through.

Martin