[OPE-L] SV: [OPE-L] SV: [OPE-L] What Ahmadinejad actually said - lost in translation...

From: Martin Kragh (Martin.Kragh@HHS.SE)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2007 - 11:00:47 EST

Re: [OPE-L] What Ahmadinejad actually said - lost in translation...

Jerry wrote:
"Arming workers and the
poor in militias is a more democratic and popular model than just relying on the
professional military, isn't it?   (This raises the issue of 'gun control':
so long as the police and the military have guns [i.e. so long as the agents of the state
have guns], shouldn't workers have the right to be armed as well? "

Martin:
Yes they should. Hope that is an answer to your other questions as well. I think you read to much into my reply. But again, I will be wise and try to better furnish my messages in the future.

Many kind regards,
Martin

PS. It is obvious beyond all doubt that Kim Jung Ill is a complete maniac, it is not really a loaded question anywhere in the world. I was simply trying to make a point that you cannot equate for example Venzuelian or Australian military development with that in a country like North Korea, or Saudi Arabia, countries which are more than likely to use that force to suppress their own people in a direct way.