Re: [OPE-L] why does the debate on the "transformation problem"continue?

From: Diego Guerrero (diego.guerrero@CPS.UCM.ES)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2007 - 16:05:50 EDT

Hi, Paul,

Yes, I did empirical work on this topic and got conclusions similar to
yours. But think of this: ten years earlier I had made empirical work on the
rate of surplus value, rate of profit, value composition of capital, etc. I
sent the work to the Mexican journal El Trimestre Economico and they
rejected it on the basis that I was contradicting myself because I wanted to
defend the labour theory of value by using labour-value categories and
however I was using monetary national account data.

Now, you and Jerry can easily see why we should keep dealing with the TP.
Because we need to find referees that don't hamper our work because they don't
understand what we are doing.

Don't you think this is an important reason?

Cheers,

Diego