Re: [OPE-L] Andrew Kliman's wikipedia article on TSSI

From: Paul Zarembka (zarembka@BUFFALO.EDU)
Date: Sun Apr 08 2007 - 17:52:31 EDT

Jerry,

Yes, this is a problem with wikipedia.  One doesn't know who wrote what
and there isn't responsible conduct (unlike a printed Dictionary of
Marxist Thought, Encyclo. Brit., etc.)  As a scholar I find the
standards, frankly, rather revolting.  I've read of instances of major
distortions, or even censorship by wikipedia.

I myself could write on 'accumulation of capital' (I don't at all agree
with the existing presentation) or on 'put option trades before 9-11' (I
don't at all agree with the 9-11 Commission), and a number of people
could claim a bias in presentation (altho I'd try to be fair). Yet, my
own authorship would not even be known.

If I understand wikipedia correctly, should I choose, I could get into a
fight over anything, TSSI in this case, by simply editing the existing
entry and then another person could edit my editing, etc. and, like wow!
 Yet, no one would know WHO edited what.  It's offensive, as far as I am
concerned, if I understand things at wikipedia correctly (anyone: please
correct me if I am wrong about its process).

Paul

(Vol.23) THE HIDDEN HISTORY OF 9-11-2001  "a benchmark in 9/11 research"
(Vol.24) TRANSITIONS IN LATIN AMERICA AND IN POLAND & SYRIA, forthcoming
         Research in Political Economy, P.Zarembka,ed, Elsevier hardback
********************* http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PZarembka

Quoting glevy@PRATT.EDU: