Re: [OPE-L] The Two Laibmans!

From: Jerry Levy (Gerald_A_Levy@MSN.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 10 2007 - 15:46:23 EDT

>  For the record: David Laibman, the Marxist economist, and "Dave"
> Laibman, the ragtime guitarist and composer, are indeed one and the
> same!  C'est moi.  I confess to wearing too many hats.  But I have never
> been able to give any of them up.

Hi David:

Ah, so that's why you are called a dualist!   There are also, by that
reckoning, (at least) two Gill Skillmans: the Marxist economist
and the musician.

btw, do you (or others on the list) know if any of  the former members
of "Red Shadow" ("The Economics Rock & Roll Band") are still
making music?   The band members were all (?) students at UMass-
Amherst in the 1970s, I believe.  They released at least two records
"Live at the Panacea Hilton" (1975) and "Better Red" (1978).  I
knew one of the former band members, Dan Luria (a _very_ bright guy!),
when I worked in the UAW Research Department  in 1983.

In solidarity, Jerry